It’s hard making a meal for 9 people that typically everyone loves. I usually have a few kiddoes who go through their dinner plate and like to pick out pieces of diced onions or something they don’t particularly like. To my surprise everyone enjoyed this meal, even the littlest one!
Greek Chicken and Rice Bowl
Greek Chicken & Marinade
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh chicken breast sliced in half to make thinner
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus 1 tsp for cooking
- 3 tbsp lemon juice juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp kosher salt *use half if not using Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Greek Cucumber Salad & Rice
- 2 cups chopped cucumber english cucumber or baby cucumbers
- 4 roma tomatoes flesh removed, chopped
- 29 kalamata olives sliced in half, black olives will work too
- 1/4 small red onion diced small
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dill weed, dried
- 1 tsp Kosher salt *salt to taste if not using kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups white rice, cooked salted & peppered to taste.
Greek Chicken & Marinade:
- In a large ziplock bag add raw chicken and all of the marinade ingredients above. Close bag. Massage the marinade into the chicken breasts. Place bag in a bowl and refrigerate for up to 8 hours or as little as 30 minutes. *The longer the better, but 30 minutes still works well!*
- When the chicken is done marinating: Remove chicken from marinade and discard access marinade. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil into the skillet. Cook chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and the internal temp reaches 165 degrees. Remove chicken from the pan. Set aside and let it rest for about 8-10 minutes. Slice the chicken up into strips after letting it rest.
To Make Greek Cucumber Salad:
- Add all ingredients for the cucumber salad above into a bowl and mix together well.
To Make Greek Chicken Bowls:
If eating right away add 1/2 cup rice, 3/4 cup cucumber salad, and 4 ounces of diced chicken to each bowl. Top with extra feta, if desired.
If making this to eat throughout the week combine the chicken and rice and place the cucumber salad into a separate container.