We can always use a little spicing up in the bedroom and with Valentine’s Day right around the corner there no better time then now! However before you head to the drugstore to grab those lubricants and massage oils in the intimate section let me fill you in with some of their ingredients. They are typically loaded with chemicals that are found in industrial cleaners. Toxins like parabens, petroleum-based ingredients, glycerin, propylene glycol, phenoxyethanol and chlorhexidine. YUCK! Do you really want to start your romantic evening with that on your body? I sure hope not!
Our body is our largest organ so when we apply oils and lubricants to our skin and delicate parts they are getting absorbed into our bloodstream. So it’s best to choose a good quality base for a massage oil like a coconut oil or almond oil that are organic and cold-pressed.
Our sense of smell is directly linked to the limbic system which plays such a big role in our lives. It’s the most primitive part of the brain that is associated with our memories and emotions. Essential oils can be used by both men and women to increase their libido and get you in that sensual mood. Check out just a few of these amazing essential oils that Young Living offers to use in the bedroom to spice things up.
1. Ylang Ylang: It has a sweet exotic floral aroma. Ylang Ylang can be worn as a perfume or when looking to spice things up in the bedroom you can apply it to your lower abdomen or thighs. It can be applied neat or with a little bit of coconut oil.
2. Goldenrod: A great one for the men in your life. With the name Goldenrod do I need to say more… it will make a man feel like a king. This oil can be applied neat or with a little bit of coconut oil to the lower abdomen, ankles or vita flex points.
3. Joy: Made with bergamot, ylang ylang, lemon, coriander, tangerine, jasmine, Roman chamomile and palmarosa, I like to make a roller bottle and apply it to my neck and wrists. You’ll need a 10 ml roller bottle, 15 drops Joy essential oil and then top it off with a carrier oil.
4. Mister: Mister is a blend of Sesame seed oil, Sage, Fennel, Lavender, Myrtle, Yarrow, and Peppermint. A perfect blend to make as a massage oil for the man in your life. It also pairs nicely with Idaho Blue Spruce.
5. Sensation: Made with coriander, ylang ylang, bergamot, jasmine and geranium. This oil makes a wonderful pillow/bedding spray to set the mood. This very romantic oil will surely get the attention from your husband.
Diy personal lubricant
2 oz fractionated coconut oil
10 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
4 drops Black Pepper essential oil
4 drops Peppermint essential oil
Add all ingredients to a 2 oz pump or dropper glass bottle.
To use, pour a small amount into the palm of the hand. Apply to body parts where you’ll need the personal lubricant… I mean all parts, even those delicate ones. You’ll feel a cool and warm sensation. If the sensation is too strong, dilute with carrier oil like coconut oil, never use water. It will only intensify the oil.
If you’re not a big diy’er you’re in luck. Young Living has an amazing massage oil ready to use. Sensation massage oil is filled with Fractionated Coconut oil, Grape seed oil, ylang ylang, Coriander seed oil, bergamot, Jasmine, almond oil, and Geranium great for if you are wanting to just give a massage to work to that special moment or use as a personal lubricant when things get hot and heavy. This massage oil can also be used as a personal lubricant.
Maybe this is your first date with a special someone or you’re just not ready to take it to that intimate level yet. There are some amazing diffuser blends you can have going throughout your home that will set a nice romantic setting.